1. Lower the bottle on a line to the desired depth. 2. All-Angle™ and Tugger™ trip heads lock the seals open before lowering into the water. In the open position, water flows smoothly around the bottom seal and into the cylinder, thereby obtaining an accurate and representative water sample to the microgram (mg/L) level 3. […]
About Audra Walter
This author has yet to write their bio.Meanwhile lets just say that we are proud Audra Walter contributed a whooping 48 entries.
Entries by Audra Walter
1. The Van Veen Grab requires a winch (66-C10), winch mount (66-C52) and stainless steel cable (61-B14) for proper operation. Attach one end of the cable to your winch and the other to the dredge. Ensure that all connections are very tight to prevent loss of the sampler. 2. Set the Pinch-Pin (tripping mechanism) on […]
1. Fill tube with your water sample. 2. Look down the tube. 3. Drain off water until the secchi disk design is visible. 4. Record the reading on the scale.
1. The Standard Ponar Grab requires a Winch (66-C10), winch mount (66-C52) and stainless steel cable (61-B14) for proper operation. Attach one end of the cable to your winch and the other to the dredge. Ensure that all connections are very tight to prevent loss of the sampler. 2. Set the Pinch-Pin (tripping mechanism) on […]
1. Tie disk to calibrated line, lower into shallow water. 2. Record depth at which black and white quadrants cannot be distinguished. 3. Lower further, then raise until you can determine white from black again 4. Obtain the index of transparency- how turbid the water is.
1. Using a bowline knot, attach the necessary length of rope to the Wildco Petite Ponar dredge. 2. Set the Pinch-Pin (tripping mechanism) on the dredge. The Pinch-Pin must be inserted with the flat portion facing up and down. Be careful not to place fingers or hands on or into any pinch points. 3. Lower […]
For general sampling: 1200, 1204, 1220, 1230 – E32 kits: These range from 0.4 – 3.2 L and are constructed of 316 SS with polyurethane seals. 1200-C12 kits: 1.2 L and is constructed of transparent acrylic with polyurethane end seals. For drum sampling and confined areas: 1204-E32, 1204-E42 kit: Small, compact bottles only 7.4” (187 […]
These bottles are very similar in use and appearance. Both are Van Dorn samplers that come in the same sizes and in PVC and transparent acrylic. The only differences are in the end seals and latex closing tubing. These differences are enough, however, to make the Beta™ better suited to sampling trace metals. The blue […]
The 1200’s last longer because they have stainless steel parts (and sometimes stainless steel bodies). However, the 1500’s are more versatile because there are no metal parts to touch the sample. 1500’s come in acrylic and PVC; 1200’s come in stainless steel or acrylic only (no PVC). 1200’s have a wider variety of materials than […]
1. The length of the core tube is 16 mm (d”) less than its corresponding liner tube. The nosepiece pushes the core catchers and liner tubes securely against the corer head. 2. Because the liner tube projects from the bottom core tube when the nosepiece is removed, you can easily grip the liner tube to […]